Friday, March 19, 2010

Friday Family Update

Spring is almost here so we begin our crazy sports schedule. I'm so glad the baby was born in December, it would be awful to have to juggle and run all over with a tiny newborn.

ZMan started soccer and baseball this past week. The two sports conflict for awhile so some days it's a challenge. We have our soccer practice and game schedule so now I'm waiting on the baseball schedule. Yesterday he had soccer practice and baseball practice plus it was soooo cold. Tomorrow he is attending a baseball camp that he is excited about. ZMan is still taking piano lessons and is doing good; he practices every morning before school from 7:00am to 7:30am.

Princess Izzybee is in gymnastics and loving it. With the weather getting nicer she loves to be outside on the grass doing flips and handstands. I signed her up for girl's softball and she's excited to give it a try. I'm hoping she has a good experience and it's something she likes. She has her first practice tomorrow afternoon. Once I get her schedule I'll see how crazy our afternoons will be for a few months. As long as the kids are having fun and happy....... Princess Izzybee is also doing Kindermusik and this term she has been learning to play the recorder and they are staring basic piano. I'm hoping to start her in piano in the fall.

The Doodle keeps me busy during the day. She loves to read books and play games on her gameboy (a hand-me-down from ZMan) and the computer. Lately she has had multiple meltdowns daily (so fun for me). Part of the meltdowns are due to my not being able to understand what she is trying to say the other I attribute to age, her very strong personality and a new baby in our family. The Doodle knows what she wants and does not do well when she doesn't get what she wants. I called the Family Enrichment Center and am waiting for them to test her speech.

I'm enjoying Baby Ru so much. What a sweetheart and she's just so huggable and cute. There are times the kids are all wanting to hold her and play with her. The kids can't seem to get enough of her and I just love when I can hold her and rock without other interruptions. Baby Ru is smiling and interacting with us and she has discovered her fists.

The family can't wait until it's warm enough to open the pool.

No comments: