Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July















Yesterday we celebrated the 4th of July, one of my favorite holidays. Every year we do the same things and I love it. We got up early to attend our ward's celebration and breakfast. The speaker was wonderful and he shared his experiences with us as in immigrant to the United States from Germany in 1954, the music was moving and the food was good. After the ward breakfast we went to the Centerville parade. I just love this parade and because the sky was overcast it was the perfect temperature for a parade. The kids got lots of candy and we enjoyed the HAFB flyover at the beginning.

After the parade we came home and opened the pool for swimming. It was cloudy and sprinkling on and off so I wasn't sure it we would be able to swim. Randy and Allen took all the kids on an ATV ride and I heated up the BBQ. After eating the clouds were gone and the sun was out and hot. The kids swam for like 5 hours, they had so much fun. Of course we ate more and the kids tried to patiently wait until it was dark and they could light the fireworks. By the time we climbed in bed it was midnight so it had been a long day but it was fun and I think everyone had a good time.

Tiffany and Allen's family joined us and stayed for two nights. Patty and Brian's family came and they made a great 4th of July "jello salad" cake that was super yummy and so pretty. Also one of my college roommates and her family joined us. Amy and her husband Kevin and their kids were here for the afternoon and it was fun to see Amy after so many years. She was so good with all the kids in the pool and I couldn't believe how she hadn't changed after all these years.

It seems like the only pictures I took were at the parade so hopefully my friends and family will share any of their pictures with me.

No comments: