Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Fun Family Weekend





Last Wednesday my sister, her hubby and daughter drove from Steamboat Springs, CO to visit for the weekend. Even though we were able to visit them in July it was fun to have them here spend time together. They are thinking of moving and we all thought her hubby might like the Logan area so they spent a few days in Logan with Tiffi and her family. Randy already has a Uhaul truck lined up for them to move so as soon as they let us all know what dates he will be there to do some heavy lifting.

Friday we pulled the kids from school and spent a family day together. We went to the Kennecott Cooper Mine which was so cool. After so many years in Utah you would think I had been there before but I never had. It was fun and the kids thought it was amazing. On the drive to the mine I could hear them say things, "like I going to mine for jewels and I'm going to find gold." I kept trying to explain to the kids that it wasn't that kind of mine. After we visited the mine we came home and Tiffi met us here for swimming and food.

Saturday we drove up to Logan and the guys went on an ATV ride while us girls and kids visited and relaxed. After our church responsibilities we drove up to Logan on Sunday as well to visit. Randy was called to the Elder's Quorum presidency in our ward and then Randy was able to ordain Allen to the Melchizedek Priesthood in the evening. It was an awesome weekend and I'm happy we spent it with my wonderful family.

No comments: