Friday, September 18, 2009

Our Family Flag



From what I understand ZMan will have a family project every month. The idea behind the assignment is for families to create something together and spend time together. The project is completed at home and displayed on his classroom bulletin board in the hall.

The September project was a family flag. On the fabric the teacher sent home we were to design a flag that represents our family. It was due today. I always stress about these projects more than I'm sure the teacher intends. Randy had the idea of using pictures and because we didn't start the project right away I didn't think we would be able to do this because I thought we would have to special order the pictures. The other day I went to the fabric store and found Iron-on stuff that I could print pictures from the computer on and then iron-on the pictures to the fabric. Now the kids want pictures ironed onto all their stuff like their pillowcases and some t-shirts.

No comments: