Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday Update

This will be the last week of school and I'm so glad for a break from homework and projects. The kids are happy and have been counting down for weeks.

Randy opened the pool right before we went camping last weekend. The kids have been swimming everyday this past week and have loved it. Many of their friends and neighbor kids have joined us. When the pool is open it keeps me busy because the Doodle is all over and throwing everything she can in the pool so besides watching all the swimmers I have to watch the Doodle ALWAYS.

Yesterday Randy started working on the porch hand railings. He still has more to do but at least he got started and hopefully it will done soon. We have plenty of projects to work on so he won't be bored.

This afternoon after church Randy's sister came down with her boys for swimming. My kids were very happy to have their cousins come over and join them in the pool. We had a BBQ and then they decided to go see a movie (I know it's Sunday). The Doodle and I are home watching the Harry Potter movies and doing laundry.

Many years ago we watched the movie Simon Birch together and loved it. We laughed and I cried many times. It is one of our favorites. It's been many years since we watched it and we were talking about it the other day so Randy decided to surprise me and order it since we have a VHS version. The movie came in the mail yesterday so we sat up last night watching it. It's such a sweet movie, if you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.

No comments: