Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Macaroni

Last night about 9:30pm when I was getting Sarah and Audrey to bed Sarah commented that she had a macaroni noodle in her nose. She had been eating dried macaroni throughout the day which for some reason she loves. When Sarah annouced that she had macaroni in her nose I didn't beleive her but Randy looked in her nose with a flashlight and sure enough it was there. Randy grabbed the tweezers but Sarah refused to let him try. He ran to instacare but they closed at 9:00pm. I wasn't sure if it was emergency room worthy so I called and they said they wouldn't give medical advice and if we wanted advice we would have to call our pediatrian. I felt it was to stupid to call Dr. Blackburn so I called Tiffany instead (afterall she did just graduate from nursing school). Tiff asked if Sarah could blow the macaroni out of her nose. Tiff said the ER would probablly just have her try to blow it out or hold her down to pull it out. Since Randy was already almost to the ER he went anyway. It turns out the macaroni softened and her nose started running and she was finally able to blow it out before she ever say a doctor. At least this saved us on the ER copay. They got home about midnight and Sarah was still asleep at 9:00am when I left the house this morning.

No comments: