Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Missing In Action

The last two weeks have kept me busy at work. My mom came up to help with the kids so when I wasn't working I didn't spend a lot of time on the computer. I love having my mom visit. She helps me around the house and I enjoy visiting with her. A really warmed up to her this visit and she loved Grandma. Today she has asked me multiple times where Grandma is.

While Mom was visiting, Tiffany's family came down and we all went to the Draper Temple Open House. It was a great family evening. S told me later that although she thought the temple was pretty she wondered where the games were and was a little bored. Luckily she had her cousins with her. The kids were all well behaved in the temple and reverent. Everyone loved the sealing and celestial rooms. Afterwards we took Tiffany to Texas Roadhouse for her birthday dinner. We had a yummy prime rib dinner and they sang happy birthday to Tiffi while she was sitting on a saddle. Of course all the kids took turns sitting on the saddle and posing for pictures.

Monday afternoon Mom was scheduled to take St. George Shuttle home. We made a mistake on the time she was to meet the shuttle so she missed the shuttle by about 10 minutes. R raced to Provo hoping to catch the shuttle there so Mom could get home but after speeding down to Provo we missed the shuttle again. R was determined to catch up with the shuttle so Mom could still get home that night and due to heavy traffic we did catch the shuttle. But the RUDE driver refused to pull off the next exit and let Mom get on the shuttle. The driver was rude and a jerk, I just couldn't believe he would be do unhelpful. We could have got Mom a Greyhound ticket home but R was wanting to go to St George to pick up some stuff soon so we went home and packed up the kids and drove down for the night. The kids missed school yesterday and we drove home last night. It was a nice family day off and we were able to spend one more day with Mom.

Now we are home and have extra school make up work to do and a busy night tonight with kids activities and I also have a YW activity. I'm looking forward to the weekend and a day of doing nothing and staying in bed.

2 comments:

Kerrilyn said...

Those dang shuttle drivers. Too bad it couldn't have been one of your shuttles. I HEART Texas Roadhouse.....YUMMMMMMM!!!

The Bingham's said...

WOW, it sounds like you need a vacation. Mom's are the greatest though. Glad yours could help out.