Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Week

This past week has been a challenging week for me so I am glad it's over. I've had work stress with a lot of extra work along with my regular mom duties. I've been trying really hard not to let work get in the way of the kids and their activities/homework. I've just been getting up extra early and going to bed super late which means I'm more sleep deprived than normal this week. Next week starts the festival which also means it will be busy with work, but I don't think it will be as bad as this past week for me.

As I've been feeling overwhelmed I forget about the blessings in my life so I need to make an effort to remember how blessed I am. I have a wonderful husband who works so hard without complaining and provides for our family and is the best dad to our kids. My kids help ground me and remind me of the simple things in life. A has started thanking me for everything I do for her, what a sweet angel she is and she gives the best hugs and kisses when I need them most. S had been working so hard in school and I love to see her succeed and she gets so excited, she loves to be praised. Z has such a playful spirit and loves to read and spend any time he can with his Dad, he is so helpful with his sisters and will randomly give me a hug and tell me he loves me. My kids are so forgiving of my faults when I make so many Mom mistakes and they remind me of how important forgiveness is in my life, they make it seem easy.

I did get a few hours of free time last night which was a good break for me. I tried to plan a date night with R before we started into a busy few weeks but it didn't work out with work. Since I had the sitter I decided to use the time to see a movie by myself. Then I got the movie times wrong so I didn't get to see Twilight again so instead I saw Marley and Me with was a cute movie that made me laugh and cry.

The good news with Z and S was they had dentist appointments this week and NO CAVITIES!! Six months ago we had so many dental problems so I am so happy that they are cavity free. Let's hope when I go next week I am as well.

Z had his first indoor soccer game today and the team is rusty but they had fun. Z also started with a baseball training this past week and he was so happy because R left work early and took him to the training. He told me he liked it. S has dance and tumbling and they are working on their dance recital for the spring. She has almost reached her AR reading goal for school and hopefully we have one more book to pass off. My mom is coming on Friday and I am looking forward to a visit from my mom and the kids are excited to see her.

No comments: