Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year



We generally don't do much New Year's Eve. R usually works later that night and/or early in the morning on New Year's Day and until last year I would work in the morning. Last night Patty and Brian came down and we it was fun to visit with them. We ate way to much food and tried to watch a movie but we were talking to much to really watch the movie. We should have played the new game Apples to Apples that they gave R for Christmas becasue I'm sure that would have been fun. We haven't seen each other for a while so we did exchange Christmas gifts and the gifts they brought my kids were a big hit. They gave Z a remote control helicopter that he loves and has been playing with nonstop. I wasn't sure if any of us would make it until midnight and we didn't. S instigated a "Pee-In" with Lilly (they peed on the closet floor in the spare bedroom) and then we wrapped everything up and they went home about 10:00pm. My kids were still wound up but S finally fell asleep around 11:00pm and I couldn't get A to sleep until right before midnight. Z was so excited to stay up till midnight and was wide awake about 12:30am when I finally told him he needed to get some sleep. It was a fun night and I enjoyed my visit with Patty's family since we don't seem to see each other as often anymore.

We slept in until about 8:00am this morning so I'm sure the kids will be wanting naps as the day goes on. We don't have anything exciting planned for today. I am just hoping to catch up on laundry and maybe watch a movie or two.

1 comment: