Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Stuff

I really need to be in bed because I am so tired. I'm up later than I should be because I have a bunch of work stuff to do and I thought I would take a quick break. The last two weeks I have been getting up extra early to exercise and by 9:00pm I am just worn out and so tired. Either I'm getting old or I just need more sleep than I'm getting.

Today was so busy, I felt like I was running all day and I didn't get much of a break. The kids we all in bed by 8:30pm and if it wasn't for the school play it would have been earlier. Tonight their school had a musical and the kids were in the chorus. It was really cute and a short program (which was a huge plus for me). They've been learning the songs throughout the year and my kids have been singing them around the house so it was nice to hear them tonight in their proper context. I was tempted to not go (I know, bad mom), but the kids really wanted to participate and I'm glad we went.

We've had some school stress with Princess Izzybee the last few weeks. I'm to tired to get into it all right now but we just don't really know what to do to help the situation. I really wish sometimes that we had a manual for each child. I honestly don't know what to do to help he stay on task and complete her school work in school. I don't think what we are doing is really working but I'm going to continue giving it a try.

This morning when I was putting the Doodle's shoes on I notice her sore on her big toe and it looked awful. It's all red and swollen and I realized that it is infected. She's had this sore for a little while now and it's been read but I just thought it was a blister and she's actually been wearing shoes lately (she puts them on so most of the time they are on the wrong feet) so I thought that wearing shoes was making her sore red. It's more than red and kind of scabbed over so I didn't think Neosporin would really help. I made her a doctor's appointment hoping I wasn't looking like a silly mom or a neglectful mom. We were given an antibiotic prescription and told her soak her toe in water twice a day. If the toe wasn't looking better by Monday we should take her back but the doctor thought it should improved by then. I noticed that her poor little toe has been hurting her throughout the day, poor thing.

Randy was very sweet and ordered me a movie that I love. We actually saw it together with another friend before we were even dating. The movie is Mother and I thought it was soooo funny and loved, loved it. It stars Debbie Reynolds and Albert Brooks who are great together as mother and son. Randy didn't think it was very funny so that's makes it even sweeter that he bought me the movie because we had been talking about it the other day. I couldn't watch it tonight but I am looking foward to enjoying it tomorrow. Thanks dear.

The kids have spring break next week so we are all excited for a break from school. We have stuff going on early in the week and are thinking of going camping towards the end of the week. We're still unsure about what we're doing but we'll get in figured out at least the day before we do it.

1 comment:

Kerrilyn said...

Hey, when you find the manuals for the children you let me know!!! I tell ya, it is tough!!! Of course, our are almost all grown up, so a manual probably wouldn't help me....it would just make me feel bad for all of the things I did wrong. Oh well.