Saturday, April 4, 2009

Yay it's Saturday!


It was nice to not have to get up super early this morning and with the snow/rain drizzle I just want to stay in my jammies all day and read a good book in front of the fire place.

Patty and kids came over last night and it was good to visit with her. Oliver is getting so big and he's so cute, the Doodle had fun looking at the baby and telling me to "shhhhh, baby sleep". I wish the weather had been nicer so the kids could have released energy while playing outside.

Yesterday the Z Man's 3rd grade class had a Book-N-Bag. I went to his class for lunch and we ate together and read together. It was fun, he actually showed me alot of his in class writing. He has a book full of stories and poems he has written and he loves to share them. After lunch the parents were invited to stay for oral book reports that the kids were giving. Z Man wasn't even nervous about getting up in front of his class. His report was on Martin Luther King Jr., he wore a suit to give the report since that is what Martin Luther King was seen wearing in many pictures. Part of the report included him bringing a paper bag with a scene from the person's life and at least 4 objects that represented his person. Z Man choose the Bible since Dr. King was a minister, a flag and microphone to represent the speeches Dr. King gave, he drew a heart to represent that Dr. King taught we should fight with love and note hate and lastly he drew a gun to represent the gun the killed Dr. King. Z Man's report was good, he got a little nervous for a minute but otherwise he did really good. I was impressed with his first oral report.



We've been soaking the Doodles's foot and I've been giving her the antibiotic. It still looks yucky and seems more swollen. I'm not sure it's getting better. We think it might actually be some sort of bug bite instead of a blister. We'll just keep soaking it and trying to keep her from playing with it.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Good Job Z man!! He is so cute and we miss you guys!! Doodle's toe does not look like a blister, it looks like bug bite. I'm glad you took her to the doc, hopefully it gets better soon - how painful. Tell the kids we love them and are looking forward to seeing them!! PS-I think I fixed my pics on my post, you'll have to let me know!