Friday, April 23, 2010

Friday Family Update


I'm so glad it's the weekend. I would love to be able to relax, read and just not do much but that's not happening. The weather is supposed to be good over the weekend so that is super news.

My sister from Colorado is visiting again so tomorrow after baseball practice we will drive up to Logan for the day. The kids will have a good time playing with cousins and I'll get to visit with my sisters. I'm not sure if Randy will have fun since he will be the only guy there this time, maybe he'll at least be able to catch a nap.

Today I took the Doodle in for a speech test. I've be concerned about her speech since she turned 2 but I kept thinking she was doing okay and improving. Randy didn't agree with me and felt she should be tested and several other friends have suggested that she is not up to her age level. The speech teacher did the tests today and sent me home with paperwork to complete and give back to her. She will qualify for speech but at this point I'm not sure what services she will receive, they will let me know after they review her tests. The Doodles speech problems aren't as severe as ZMan's were but she defiantly needs assistance.

This past week we have one, two or sometimes three activities scheduled every afternoon/evening. It's been crazy and the kids didn't have any play time after school this week until today. Between their activities and homework/projects they are a little "over scheduled" which was never my intention but the are having fun. I told ZMan by next spring he needs to decide between soccer and baseball Princess Izzybee may need to pick between gymnastics and sports. There are so many fun things out there to try so it's hard to decide.

We are hoping to plant a small garden this year so we need to get going on that and I'm sure our yard needs some work. Looks like I need to get the kids busy helping us with the yard and garden.

No comments: