Sunday, July 8, 2007

Busy 4th



We had a busy and fun 4th of July. We are on the activities committee so I had to be at the church by 6:00am to help decorate for our 7:00am breakfast and program. After the breakfast I helped clean up and Randy and the kids went to save us seats along the parade route. We like to be seated ready to go when the jets fly overhead, this is my favorite part. The kids loved the parade and got lots of candy. We sat with the Browns so it was fun for the kids to have friends with them.
After the parade we went home to open up the pool and I finished preparing lunch. Everyone started coming about 12:30pm. We had lots of food and swimming. I can't believe how long the kids stayed in the pool. I think we finally closed the pool at 6:00pm. Luckily Sarah got a nap between the parade and lunch or it would have been a nightmare.
Randy, Brian and the kids went to see and movie while Patty, Lilly, Sarah, Audrey and I stayed home and visited. They got home so late and I could hardly keep my eyes open. I think they started fireworks at 9:45pm. I finally went to bed before they were done and Patty had fallen asleep on the couch with Lilly.

No comments: