Sunday, June 8, 2008

Sunday

Our church starts at 1:00pm and I feel like we can barely make it on time. By the time we got to church today I was so frazzeled and running around that I kept thinking how did we ever make it to our 9:00am church on time? Maybe part of it is that I procrastinate getting Sunday things done until Sunday morning instead of doing them the day before. Today I was trying to help Z write a Primary talk, make 2 posterboard announcements for the 2 lobbys (for our 4th of July breakfast), make dinner so I could put it in the oven when we came home and get us all ready. I just need to get more organized.

We just finished Family Home Evening. I gave a lesson on Strengthening the Family and stressed that our home should be a "safe zone". The lesson was from LDS Living and compared families to cookies so we made the recipe for "The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies" and they are baking now and very yummy! We made some family goals for this week to help make are family stronger and our home safer. Somedays I feel like I am just getting through to my kids and other days I can tell they get it.

The Best Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup brown sugar, packed
1 cup white sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick oatmeal
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Mix together the first five ingredients until creamy. Add remaining ingredients. Bake at 400 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes.

No comments: