Saturday, June 7, 2008

Busy Week



The kids first week off of school and has passed and it has been so busy. Yesterday R bought us family Lagoon Summer Passes. By this time last year we had already been several times so I hope we still get our moneys worth. The kids will love it, maybe we'll go this next week.

Last week Grandma C came for a visit so Z had sleepovers with his cousins at our house and then at their house is Ogden. My sister came down with her kids and S went home with them for a few days and then the girls came down for a night with us.

Wednesday felt like the first normal day. I need to finish up the kids chore charts so we can have a daily schedule. I bought the Summer Bridge books for the kids so they can do a page every day and of course we will stick with the 20 minutes of daily reading.

Z had soccer placements this week, 2 nights. The second night they had to play in the rain, poor kids. The soccer games don't start until the fall but they will start practices during the summer. This is a new soccer program we are trying this year so I hope Z likes it and I hope I like it. Hopefully he will also be on a team with his 2 friends in our ward and neighborhood.

Monday night is our last baseball game for the regular season. The following week starts the tournament. Z has loved baseball and has really improved. Today's game was great! I arrived late but when I walked up Z was chasing a kid back to first base but didn't tag him in time. It's so fun to watch him having a good time.

S starts T-Ball Monday night. I'm anxious to see how she will like it. She didn't really like soccer and chose not to play in the fall. I haven't decide if she will stick with gymnastics through the summer or if we'll take a break until fall.

I need to get the kids in swim lessons. I'm going to get them a few private lessons to help them out before I sign them up for group lessons. They love to swim but have to plug their noses under the water and I want them to learn correctly.

In the last 3 days we have bought 2 new vechiles. R found a black suburban at the auction and got a great deal on it. Then he bought me a 2005 Honda Odessy, which was a complete surprise for me. It's a wonderful van, fully loaded and it drives really nice. My other van was gerat also, nothing was wrong with it, but he will sell it and hopefully make money. I'll have to go into more detail about the new vechiles when I'm not trying to watch the kids while they are swimming.

No comments: