Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday Things





Yesterday our family hiked Mt. Timpanogos and then toured the cave. The hike is a mile and a half up the mountain and then a mile and a half down the mountain. Of course I had to stop and rest a lot while hiking up and when coming down S had to stop and rest a lot. The tour through the cave was cool. It's been years since I had been to Timpanogos Cave and my kids had never been so R has been wanted to go for a while now. After our hike we stopped at The Mayan for dinner. S has been asking for months to go eat at the place where people jump off the cliffs and since we were driving by it dad finally said yes. It was a fun family day.
Today S had a dentist appointment to get 4 cavities filled. Instead of our family dentist she went to a Pediatric Dentist who gave me a prescription of medicine that she said would make S luppy and tired. I gave her the drugs at 3:30pm which was 30 minutes before her appointment and had a good laugh when she was luppy for about 10 minutes. After the luppy stage she was super tired and just fell asleep and never woke up through the drive there or the appointment. Afterwards I laid her in bed and tried to wake her up for back to school night and she wouldn't wake up.
We had back to school night tonight so it was a bummer that S didn't go because she was really looking forward to meeting her new 1st grade teacher. I went to her class and R took Z to meet his new teacher. S's teacher has been teaching for a long time and I have heard wonderful things about her so I think S will have a good experience. Z's teacher is new to our school but seemed like she would be a good teacher. Z was excited to hear that she doesn't give a lot of homework, just little assignments here and there and the 20 minutes of daily reading. I am not looking forward to school starting next week.
S is having her birthday party on Saturday. I thought about taking the kids to Lagoon tomorrow for a few hours. We'll see if it works out, I have so much to do to get ready for the party and I think Z wanted to do something with his friend.

No comments: