Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Year in Review

My friend Marie had the following questions on her blog and I liked the idea of answering them. I hope she doesn't mind if I steal them.

What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?
I honestly can’t think of anything.

Did you keep your New Years Resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn’t keep my resolutions, which I generally don’t even make. I seem to disappoint myself when I don’t stick with my goals.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
My sister Tiffany had Rocky in February and our stepsister Daryl had Waylan the same day.

What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
More organization

What was the best thing that you bought?
Hubby bought me a new van and an iPod alarm clock

Where did most of your money go?
Everyday expenses, our home and savings.

What did you get really really really excited about?
Tickets to Wicked

What song will always remind you of 2008?
I honestly can't think of a song. I mainly listened to talk radio this year.

What is your favorite band/album of 2008?
The Wicked Soundtrack

Who was on your playlist for 2008?
Toby Keith, Josh Groban, Josh Turner, Brad Paisley

Compared to this time last year are you?
*happier or sadder* probably a little sadder
*thinner or fatter * the same
*richer or poorer * the same

What do you wish you'd done more of?
Exercising, camping, reading with my kids

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eating

What was your favorite TV show?
Bones and NCIS

What was you favorite reality TV show?
I don’t watch reality TV

What was your favorite guilty pleasure on TV?
Grey’s Anatomy

What was your favorite movie(s) of 2008?
Twilight

What was the best book/author you read?
I reread the entire Harry Potter series

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 38 and I spent the day with my family. We went out for an early dinner and then I took the kids trick or treating.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had lost weight

What kept you sane in 2008?
My hubby and my family

What political issue stirred you the most?
The presidential election and Proposition 8

Who was the best new person you met?
I don't know if I met anyone new?

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned this year?
I learned that I need to make my marriage more of a priority.

What do you anticipate will be the biggest change in your life in 2009?
Who knows, ask me in a year.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Of course I don't mind! I love to hear responses to those questions and see what other people thing/do compared to me. That was fun.

Have a Happy New Year!