Friday, December 18, 2009

Finally Friday


This taking it a little easier the past few days has been more difficult than it sounds like it should. I still have life and family things that need to get done so it's hard to just lay down and rest instead getting stuff done.
I'm just about done with our Christmas shopping. Just a few more last minute things I will need to get but nothing super major if I didn't get if done before the baby came (except one thing I need to work on today online). My 3 hour shopping trip about killed me this morning, I was so tired. I guess I will need to do some grocery shopping next week.
I do have a few things for Randy but I'm still not sure what he wants. He is so hard to shop for. If he wants something he just buys it for himself. Randy always gives me the best gifts and I never know what to get for him. If you have any ideas, please share them.
Back in September and October I told Randy that we should just disregard our regular family Christmas Photo Card and newsletter and send out a Happy New Year's Card and newsletter after the baby came. Then we are only sending out one announcement/card and I don't have to have family pictures when I'm so pregnant. He seemed on board with this idea although he really didn't say much which should have been my first clue that either he may not have been listening or he didn't agree but didn't want to say anything to me. The other day Randy said he's going to write a family Christmas letter and I should try to find a family picture to add to it. I reminded him of my New Year's idea but he said he still wanted to do a Christmas card. It's just funny how we communicate. My friend who has normally taken our pictures has retired from it so I am going to try newborn shots and family pictures from a girl in our ward. Change is always hard so I'm hoping I'll be just as happy with the new experience. I've heard good things so I think it'll be okay.
My mom has Christmas off and the two days after so she is flying up Christmas Eve. We've never had Mom here for Christmas so it'll be fun to have her with our family. We are also trying to hook up with Tiff and Allen but Tiff works every night so we'll see how that works out. I guess in thinking about it I should grab a few more gifts for Mom. I sent a few home with her two weeks ago but I don't know if she's bringing them back up or what. I never know what to get for her.
One more week until Christmas and today was the kids last day of school until after the New Year. Yay!

No comments: