Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Welcome Baby Ruby Noel




Our special Christmas present was born yesterday, December 22nd at 7:37am.
She weighs 7 lbs. 13 oz. and is 20 inches long.

Isn't she beautiful? We are very happy and feel very blessed. I will give you more detail when I have a chance to catch me breath.

Added later:

I woke up around 11:30pm to go to the bathroom and it felt like I was leaking. I wasn’t sure if my water had broke so I stayed up and cleaned the kitchen and put a few things away. About 12:15am I decided that my water had broke and it was just slowly leaking. I woke Randy up and we talked about who we should call to take care of the 3 kids. Randy called his brother Rick who drove out from the West Valley area. We left the house about 1:00am for the hospital and it was snowing; I was so glad it was the Christmas break and the kids didn’t have school in the morning.

After I was checked into the hospital and situated with my IV I asked for an epidural. I wanted to make sure I had the epidural before any major pain came my way. When I checked in I was a 4 so we had some time. Just as I was beginning to feel a little uncomfortable, the anesthesiologist gave me an epidural. About 4:00am I was still a 4 so the doctor instructed them to start me on pitocin to get me moving along. I dozed a little and finally at shift change I felt a lot of pressure and the new nurse checked me and I was a 10. She called the doctor who was there within about 20 minutes. I only pushed two or three times and Ruby was out.

Rick and Kayla kept the other kids for a few days, which was such a blessing. I didn’t worry about them and I knew they were having fun. I was able to go home December 23rd about 5:00pm and I was so happy to be home.

4 comments:

The Bingham's said...

She is very beautiful!! Congrats to all of you. Love the name.

Patty said...

She is so sweet and precious. It almost makes me want to have another one.

Kerrilyn said...

Congratulations on the new baby!! She is beautiful!

Amanda said...

AWWWWWW I haven't been here in a LONG, LONG time!!! HUGE CONGRATS!!!!!!

I'm due with my next baby in August :)