Monday, October 20, 2008

Home from Camping

We got home last night about 9:00pm from our fun camping trip. We hurried and cleaned out the suburban and a few things in the trailer while the kids were in the tub. After we all were clean we feel into bed exhausted and happy to be dirt free in our own beds.

We went camping in the desert at the bottom of Cedar Mountain down in Emery County. I like mountain camping but we were trying to stay away from the hunters and the cold so Dad and Denise said this area would be fun for the kids and they assured me there would be trees. The kids loved all the dirt and there were lots of places to ride the 4-wheelers. There were a few Cedar Trees and luckily we had our awning from the trailers for shade. I'm not complaining but desert camping is not my favorite type of camping I still prefer the mountains. I know R and the guys loved the 4-wheeler trails they found and they happened to be to dangerous for the kids so Z had to wait at the top while they explored a trail yesterday. I felt like we were all covered in dirt even after my quick showers in the trailer but the kids weren't complaining about it. My favorite part of the the tirp was my hot shower last night in my home shower. The kids came home with lots of rocks they found and then were trading with the cousins on the drive home. They were so bummed that they had to get up for school this morning. When we are camping they can pretty much ride the 4-wheelers whenever they want for as long as they want and for Z this is heaven. He is safe and and good driver so I don't worry about him and he just has so much fun. This was the first time S insisted on the driving the 4-wheeler and she was a little crazy but did good. R said by next year we will get her a 4-wheeler of her own.

Z has a book report due tomorrow that we have waited until the last minute to work on. I have a ton of laundry and the trailer needs to be empited and cleaned, including all the bedding. There is lots to do and just me to do it. Wish me luck.

No comments: