Sunday, October 5, 2008

Relaxing Weekend


I had hinted that I might paint S's room this weekend but that didn't happen. R started cleaning out the garage yesterday and was looking for our paintint stuff and wallpaper remover stuff. Hopefully soon we will get started on her room and then work on Z's room.
I spent the morning listening to conference while I worked on laundry and going through clothes that don't fit the kids anymore. I have so many boxes of clothes and it's so challenging to keep it all organized. Patty invited us to her house to watch the afternoon session of conference and eat dinner. The kids were excited to see her kids since it's been about a month and a half since we've visited with them.
When I got to Patty's her house smelt so yummy. She was pulling homemade bread out of the oven and making potatoe cheese soup. Brian was making two pies; a peach pie and an apple carmael pie. When I left I felt like I had eaten so much food. Along with the yummy soup we had sandwiches and then ate yummy pie. It was all so good and then it was wonderful to just sit and talk with Patty (maybe when they move it will be closer to us).
Today I am cooking a turkey, stuffiing and mashed potaotes and rolls. The house smells so good and I can't wait to eat. Z also asked if I would make cookies so I made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Besides cooking I'm trying to just enjoy conference and the day instead of cleaning like I should be doing. We have a busy week with lots of kids activities so maybe I will use some time this evening to organize my week a little.

No comments: