Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch
























Last night R came home from work early so we could go do something as a family. When Z got home from Cub Scouts and S was finished with her tumbling class we bundled up and went to Pack's Pumpkin Patch. Of course the kids had a ton of fun and thought they should each bring 5 pumpkins home. It was just so hard for them to pick out a pumpkin. After the pumpkin patch I thought we could try out the Pumpkin Walk in Syracuse, I had heard it was really cool. With bathroom and then a dinner delay we didn't get to the Pumpkin Walk until just after 8:00pm. I had wanted to get there by 7:00pm because I thought the line would just be starting and it we wouldn't have as long as a wait. Getting there about 8:00pm, the line was sooo long and we waited forever. By the time the entire family was back to the car it was 10:00pm. Luckily it was to cold but the wait was difficult for the 3 kids, espeically A. Finally towards the end she feel asleep on her dad's shoulder but when we finally started walking through the carved pumpkins she woke up and wanted me. She was so heavy and it was hard to hold her for so long so I finally just cut through the line quickly and waited in the car for R and the 2 kids.
The Pumpkin Walk was cool although I haven't decided if it was worth such a long wait. Behind the Syracuse Fire Station they have the path lined with a ton of carved pumpkins and some of them are done by kids and some are really cool. I think my kids enjoyed walking through them once we got through the line. Next year we will go on Thursday night and be there by 7:00pm and I don't think we will have as long of a wait.

1 comment:

Patty said...

Sounds fun. The kids are so cute.