Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whatever Wednesday

Yesterday afternoon the carbon monoxide detectors started beeping and wouldn't stop. We were unsure what to do so R called the city who told us to call the fire department. I told R that they will respond in a fire truck so be better think it's something before we call them because they will have to respond. We had no way of knowing if there was a problem so we called them and they pulled up in a fire truck (luckily they didn't arrive in full code, that would have been more embarrassing). After testing the house, it turns out that there was a spider next in one of the detectors and all three are tied together so they all went off. So after explaining to several neighbors that everything was fine I finished cooking dinner.

Four out of five of us have colds. I think Z may be getting one, but he's fighting it. I'm afraid we will keep passing it around to each other so I keep telling the kids to wash with soap and use the bug germ around the house. Let's hope it goes away soon.

R drove up to Billings, Montana today to deliver a vehicle for work. On his way back he will stop in Rexburg to pick up a jeep for my sister and her husband. He has been sick for a few days and not getting very much sleep so I worry when he drives (I'll have to share his awful accident story another time). I just hope he stops tonight for some sleep when he starts getting tired. He is trying to make it back early tomorrow so it's a quick trip, I just praying for a safe one. By the way he loves doing stuff like this, I'm not sure why, but he loves driving.

I finally started reading Breaking Dawn last night. Some work friends invited me to go see Twlight with them on Friday. I have enjoyed this series, but it's not my favorite and I'm not obsessed with it. At first I thought I might see the movie but I didn't care very much and then I thought that I should go with them just to see a grown up movie and get away from the kids for a few hours. As Friday approaches, I'm getting excited to see the movie, maybe I'll finish the book by then but I'm not sure that's possible and still do my mom and work stuff.

Last night I went to a meeting for my YW calling. We just got a new presidency a month or two ago so there are a lot of changes. I have been a Mia Maid Advisor for about a year and my understanding was I taught Sunday lessons and came to activities to show support and get to know the girls. The new presidency is making lots of changes and the advisers will be more involved with the girls and with planning activities and helping out. I'm nervous to meet their expectations but I think overall it's great for the girls and getting to know them better. The previous presidency was great and the new presidency will continue where they left off and try new things that will continue to help teach the girls leadership skills and help them continue to develop their testimonies. I'm excited.

Oh, and tonight Tammy brought over the disk of our family pictures. She had to work hard for our pictures and schedule a re shoot because the kids just didn't cooperate very well the first time. The pictures are great. Thanks Tammy! She even made us a cute Christmas Card and I'm excited to get pictures ordered.

2 comments:

Marie said...

So who is in the new YW presidency?

Becky said...

Marie, the new presidency is Sis. Nichols, Sis. Gibbons and Sis. Allred.