Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

We don't generally do very much for Valentine's day but last night I did make arrangements for a babysitter. I couldn't find a local play that wasn't sold out so I started checking out movies we might enjoy but couldn't find any that I really wanted to see. So I thought dinner would be good; no kids and yummy food. When I asked R where he wanted to go he told me to pick since I was planning the night so I finally thought we could just go to Mikada (a new Japanese place we haven't tried here in town) or Texas Roadhouse, either way I wasn't smart enough to call ahead for reservations. When we got in the car R started telling me a story and driving toward the freeway, I had no idea where we were going to dinner and I didn't want to interrupt his story. When we were almost to Ogden I finally asked where we were going and he asked where I wanted to go and said he just started driving and didn't pay attention. I thought we might try a new Japanese place he had about in Ogden and then I also thought that if we were going to Ogden we should try out Ye Lion's Den. I listen to the Movie Show on Doug Wright and they always talk about this restaurant so I've wanted to try it forever but I didn't say anything out loud thinking we would need reservations there. Then we drove past it and I told R that we could go there. R turned around and we went inside and I checked and she asked if we had a reservation when I said no, I was told there would be an hour and 45 minute wait (which of course I wouldn't do), then R said no we have a reservation and checked us in. I was so surprised and had no clue and it was funny. Our food was so good, I loved the scones and raspberry honey butter and my prime rib was yummy but R's Steak Oscar was fabulous. Of course the creme brule' was wonderful.

It's a long story to tell about our dinner, I know, but it's an example of one of the many reasons I love my hubby. He is so good at listening to things I want and then surprising me. This past year in listening to the movie show I have wanted to try this restaurant and loved how he remembered and then we had an excellent dinner without kids, just the two of us to talk and visit. I love you so much sweetie.

Today he is taking Z skiing and the girls and I are going to Heber to visit Patty and see little Oliver. Z is so excited about skiing with his dad and I've excited to relax today.

2 comments:

Kerrilyn said...

Wow....that sounds so funny!!! I commend you on your patience. I would have interrupted his story long before we got to Ogden. That makes me laugh.

Tiff said...

What a sweet man!