Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Potty Training



The Doodle is finally starting to potty train. She loves to sit on the big potty with the lid down and pretend to potty and use all our toilet paper. Everytime I try to get her to sit on the potty with the lid up she freaks out. So finally yesterday I found our little potty and brought it upstairs. For the first half of the day she didn't want anything to do with it. Finally last night I got her to sit on the potty while I was on the potty and after she sat there for about 10 minutes she went potty. She was so excited and we did high fives, the only thing I failed to do was the "Pee Pee Dance" so I'm sure we will get to that another time. She didn't want to get off the potty, I guess she thinks you are supposed to stay on the toilet forever.

Today while we've been home she has been sitting on her potty. She carries it to the hallway and into the living room. I finally found an pull up from when S was littler and put that on her since she wouldn't let me put her diaper on. Whenever the Doodle goes potty she takes all her clothes off, for whatever reason she thinks she needs to be completely naked.


The poor dog.

4 comments:

The Bingham's said...

I am so jealous!! Kelly still wants nothing to do with it.

Marie said...

Very cute. The naked thing must be age related because my niece used to disrobe entirely when she went to the bathroom too. But she only did that for like the first year. Interesting though isn't it?

Patty said...

That us so cute! Honestly it is easier if they are naked, then they don't have to deal with taking their clothes off when they have to pee and don't know how to hold it yet.

Allen said...

So let me get this straight your NOT supposed to strip every time you go to the little boys room?