Monday, February 11, 2008

Reading

Tonight S and I were doing homework. She is a young kindergartener and it seems like her sounds have taken her a little longer. S was understanding blending so her reading has been really slow and generally I just read to her. This past month the blending has finally clicked for her and she is starting to read on her own. Everytime she read a word on her own without my help I gave her a high-five and she would get so excited. S had the biggest smile, the happiest laugh and her entire body just vibrated with excitement. It's so fun to watch her learn and catch on especially now because she really enjoys doing homework and sitting down to work on her numbers and letters. I can't wait for her to start reading some of my favorite books from when I was a child.

2 comments:

Patty said...

That is so cute! It is very exciting for them to start reading and learning.

Amanda said...

I do that with Jayden too!! Last night we were reading a Diego book and any word he read by himself we'd high five each other and get all excited. It's so amazing to watch their little brains try to figure this stuff out, isn't it?