Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day

The kids and I made it to our parade and of course he kids loved it. R was working so I took the kids and met up with some friends. We have so much candy and latter today I'll throw it away once they forget about it. A had so much fun chasing candy although we had to run after her many, many times.

Yesterday my dad came up to the VA Hosptial for a doctor's appointment. He called in the late afternoon and said they had decided to admit him so I called his wife and my siblings to let everyone know what was going on. Since his surgery last fall he has been blacking out when he stands up and it has happened enough that he was starting to get concerned. The doctors are concerned so they are keeping him in the hospital for testing.

After the parade A and I went to the store to get him some things he would need until Denise could make it up today. R took the other two kids to the fireworks. After stopping at the store, being rerouted to the hospital due to roads being blocked off and then visiting with Dad I made it home about 11:45pm. I'm glad I had put A in her jammies but of course she still woke up when I brought her in so it took awhile for her to go to sleep.

Dad's car died after he arrived at the hospital yesterday and he has no clue why. I will take R with me today so he can see what is going on with the car and we can get it repaired if needed.

I thought A was feeling better yesterday after my entry, but then hour later she threw up again. Maybe this time she really is feeling better because she hasn't thrown up since and it's been about 24 hours. I just need her eating again and not getting sick.

I have lots to do. I need to get two rooms ready for family to come stay with us for a few days.

No comments: