Wednesday, July 9, 2008

What's Up Wednesday?

My two older kids went back up to Logan on Monday when Allen came to pick up his girls. Allen and Tiffi came down this morning and brought the kids home but the main reason Allen came back down was to help R with our deck. At the end of last summer R ripped our our cement steps from our sliding glass door into the back yard because he was going to install a deck within a few weeks. So after months of using cynderblock steps they have started on the deck. Allen is so kind to help us and I know it will look great when it's completed. Allen started on the deck and R spent the day digging a trench to the pool shed so he could hook up the water and sewer in order to install a shower and toilet inside the pool shed one day. I think hooking up the lines was more complicated than he thought because they just came in for the night and will continue with hooking up the lines tomorrow and I know they were hoping the deck would only take two days.

After a few days with six kids the house was pretty messy so you would think with my older two kids gone for a day and a half I would have tackeled it but it didn't happen. Things are still a mess and laundry still isn't done. I feel like I never catch up and with all the digging in the backyard there is sand everyone.

The kids are having fun with their cousins who will go home tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: