Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday Things

It's been a busy week but I haven't accomplished very much. I guess with kids it will just always feel crazy.

Monday Dad and Denise came up for Denise's blood work and stuff that needed to be done at the hospital for her surgery. They had dinner with us and stayed Monday night then left really early Tuesday morning for her surgery. Her surgery went well and although she had a rough night Tuesday night she is starting to feel better. I guess she should be able to go home Friday some time. Tuesday was a crazy day so we didn't make it to the hospital to visit her. The kids and I took her some flowers and cookies yesterday. Dad over for dinner last night and stayed in the guest room so I'm hoping he got a good nights sleep.

Tuesday I got stuck in that awful traffic jam on I-15. I left work at 2:30pm and it normall takes me 10-15 minutes to get home. I got home at 4:40pm. It was so frustrating to be stuck on the freeway and I was late picking the kids up and we had so many things going that day that I needed to be home. I'm just glad I don't have to deal with traffic like that all the time.

Tuesday night was Pack Meeting and Z was awarded his Wolf. Yay for Z!! I forgot my camera though, bummer. He really enjoys working on his scouts, even last night he asked his dad to help him pass something off. After the awards were passed out the kids enjoyed water activities. They had so much fun slidding down a homemade water slide, playing with their water guns and playing water-ballon volleyball.

Today I have another dentist appointment. Our family went 2-3 weeks ago for our cleaning and checkup and everyone of us has to have other stuff done. We have spent so much time in the dentist's office this month, yuck. I'll be glad we we are done for awhile. I think the kids have other appointments next week and then I'm hoping no more dentist for 6 months.

No comments: