Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sunny Saturday

My BIL Allen came down yesterday morning to finish up the deck with R. My sister wasn't able to come down due to working so he coordinated with me to since I would need to watch the kids. Their two older kids and my two older kids play and I just need to feed them, it's my youngest and their youngest that is the challenge. A is 20 months and their little chubby Rocky is about 5 months. I had invisioned it to be much worse but it wasn't so bad. Rocky is a good baby and he's so cute plus his oldest sister helped and with the other kids there A likes to play with them. There were a few times I thought how do mothers with kids so close in age do it? Like yesterday I finally got Rocky to sleep while holding him and of course then A wakes up from her nap so I hold both for a while. A wants me to get her something but I don't want to wake the baby so I try to put her off but of course she will have none of this and gets made and starts hitting me and yelling which wakes of Rock. At the time I thought some moms are definatley "super moms".

The deck is pretty much done, except for a few steps that go up to a second level in our yard. The deck looks so nice and I love it. Allen has done a fabulous job and I'm glad R planned with him to build a deck. This past week my kids have eaten almost every meal on the deck and they are really enjoying it as well.

Allen and the kids were going to stay until tomorrow to finish up the stairs but they decided to go home tonight. I think all the kids together weren't listening very well and then A got sick and started pucking all over the place multiple times. It probably better that they went home so the baby doesn't pick up with A has. I have no idea where A "caught" this bug but it has been no fun this evening. I thought I finally had her down for the night but she woke up again puking so she's going to be up for a while. I finally called and switched my YW lesson tomorrow with another teacher so I didn't have to worry about it just in case A is still sick.

I have lots of laundry to do and my house is a mess since the kids have had free reign and I've just been to worn out to clean messes up. I'll post some deck pictures tomorrow.

No comments: