Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Shopping



This morning after the kids left for school A and headed out to tackle our Christmas shopping. I have been such a slacker and have done minimmal shopping. Yesterday I shopped for my MIL and her hubby so I could send their gifts home with them today and I got my Mom and Dad something yesterday but that was about it. I've been torn on what to do for my kids. Last year I just felt like I walked up and down the toy isle and grabbed stuff but except for a few things I had no idea what to get them. I decided this year I don't want to just go grab stuff to give them what seems like a lot of gifts. Anyway today I found some cute bed comforter sets at Kohls and got them. We are working on painting and decorating their rooms so maybe it's not exciting gifts for them but I hope they like them. Z also wants a desk for his room and I am looking for a pink CD player for S. I did get Z the nerf Wii game and I picked out a DS game for S. I still have a little more shopping to do but I hope by the end of the weekend that I will be done so I can enjoy next week.

R is always a challenge to shop for because he will just go buy what he wants so I'm hoping he likes the gift I picked out for him. I need to find a fun gift for my sister's family and I also need to figure out neighbor gifts. I'm looking forward to the kids being home from school and enjoying a break from homework and getting them to bed in a timely manner.

A family R grew up with in Sunset invited us to their house either this weekend or sometime next week to visit. Their kids (that R grew up with) are all coming home for a visit so it would be nice to swing by and see them all. R considers Joyce a second mom and we don't see them ofter enough but everytime I do I have so much fun with their family. Joyce and Rob are my idea of a perfect grandparents. Whenever I am in their home it is just filled with love and laughter and they make us feel so welcome and at home. Their home is what I hope our home will be like for our grandkids when our family is grown. Their home is also what I imagine my own parent's home being like if they hadn't divorced, it's what we all what to come home to.

R's mom was visiting for the weekend and the kids enjoyed spending time with Grandma and their cousins in Ogden. We had a family dinner Saturday night and exchanged white elephant gifts and yesterday after school Grandma took all the kids to a movie.

No comments: