Monday, December 22, 2008

Monday Madness


We are almost ready for Christmas. I took the kids shopping today to get gifts for their dad. Of course they came right home and wrapped them. I need to grab a few stocking stuffers tomorrow and take in some work gifts and neighbor gifts. We've been so busy at work for the last week that R has had to work crazy, long hours so we have missed him around the house. I'm hoping he'll be able to spend Christmas Eve day with us and of course Christmas Day.
We are doing something with my sister and her family Christmas Eve day. Then we will come home and they will deep fry us a turkey. I've never had this and they say it's yummy so we'll see. I'm hoping tonight and tomorrow night that I can get the majority of the gifts wrapped so I won't be up all night like I generally am on Christmas Eve.
The kids both had friends over today to play. Their youngest sister follows them around and drives them crazy after a while. I just laugh because she especially drove S bananas today yelling "Rah" every second S wasn't in sight. She just loves to play with S and her friend and they eventually give her what she wants to keep her quiet.
I finally finsihed mailing out our Christmas cards this morning. We generally write a family letter (actually by "we" I mean R generally writes a fabulous family letter) but this year we didn't. After reading our letter from last year we realized that nothing much has changed, except the kids are one year older. So I just mailed the cards without a family update and hopefully that's okay and our life will be more exciting this year so next year we have something to say.
Well dinner is ready and I'm baking cookies and hope to make some fudge tonight. I also want to watch White Christmas while I'm knitting or wrapping gifts.

No comments: