Friday, December 26, 2008

Day after Christmas

We had a good Christmas yesterday. I swore I wasn't going to get the kids a lot of stuff but they ended up with a lot anyway. I don't know where to put it all. I think they were happy with their gifts. I got them each bedspreads because we are going to redo their rooms Z got a Nerf Wii game and they got games for their DS, plus other toys and games. R had to go into work after we opened gifts so we spent the day opening, putting together and playing with things. There are still a few packages we didn't get put together.

Last night the snow storm finally hit our house and it snowed all night. We woke up to a buried van and steps. Two weeks ago when the storms started our snow shovels were buried in the yard thanks to the kids playing with them and never putting them back in the garage. Since that time I have been digging out our walk ways with a kids' small snow shovel. Our driveway is on a hill and I can never dig up the driveway without sliding down it so it has stayed covered in snow. Finally this morning the dog got out and I had to go up to the neighbors to get him so Z dug me out behind the van and I went to get the dog and I finally bought myself a snow shovel so I could at least dig out the walkway to the van so I'm not slipping and sliding.

I thought about going up to Logan yesterday since R was working but they kept predicting the big storm and I didn't want to drive the van in the storm. Also the kids were having fun playing with their gifts so it worked out fine. Today I thought I would call my sister and meet her somewhere so the girls could come spend a few days with us but she just called and told us we should come up to take the kids sledding behind the 4-wheelers. I'm not sure how long R has to work today but I think we will go up and sled and then maybe hit the movies with the kids.

We really should tackle our house and put Christmas gifts away, but I guess that can wait for another day. I also want to take the tree down and get it out of the way.

No comments: