Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Whatever Wednesday

The kids ran into our room messing around this morning and S begins to tell us, "Z popped my nipples!" R and I look at each other trying to decide who gets to tackle this when she said it again. Z is laughing and S is tattling and holding up her hands. Finally R and I laugh because we realize that S is trying to say that Z popped her knuckles. It was so funny and luckily the kids didn't know why we were laughing so hard but it gave us a good chuckle this morning.

Monday night we R and the kids put the tree up and last night the kids and I decorated it. I've decided it takes us two nights to get our tree up and it's a lot of work. Last year was the first year I just let the idea of a perfect tree go and I let the kids put the decorations wherever they wanted. It was a little easier this year and many of the decorations are clustered in the same place but they had fun and that's what counts. My goal next year is to put our tree up the week of Thanksgiving.

This year starting last night I started a new tradition. We will read a Christmas story every night in December until Christmas Eve, and then read from the Bible the story of the Savior's birth. Last night we started with The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes which is a touching story. We don't have a ton of Christmas books yet and we are slowly working on that, but there are Chrsitmas stories in the Friend and I will get some other books from the library. About five years ago I started to buy a nice Christmas book every year so I could grow our holiday book collection. A friend told me another cute idea along the same line as reading a holiday book everyday in December, she wraps 24 books and each night the family opens a book and they read it.

Today the two older kids have doctor appointments after school and they will get the flu shot which will not make them happy. I don't worry about getting a flu shot and I'm not sure if R will get one. The only time I had the flu shot when I was pregnant with A, I swear it made me sick so I don't like it and I honestly have never had the flu.

Maybe today when I finish up work, I can get some holiday baking going, the kids would love to come home to cookies.

No comments: