Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thankful Tuesday


It was so hard to go back to work and get the kids ready for school yesterday morning after having 5 days off. I can't wait for Christmas Break when the kids will be home more.

My sister Kris is in town for work stuff so we met her for dinner at the Gateway Mall and had California Pizza Kitchen (one of our favorites). My sister how would have only order pepparoni pizza was brave and order half of a BBQ Chicken Salad and thought it was good. I was to full from my pizza to share with her but R helped her finsh the yummy (my favorite) salad. After dinner we rode Trax to Temple Square to see the lights. Kris said she hadn't seen this lights since she was in Young Women many years ago. It was a perfect night since it really wasn't very cold. The lights were beautiful. I don't remember the Nativity scene on the reflection pool last year when we visited but it was so pretty along with the floating lights. And of course the Navitity scene by the visitors center was amazing as we listened to the Christmas Story. Even A kept pointing at the manager saying "Baby". It was the perfect start to the holiday season for me and a reminder of what Christmas is about. I can't help but feel the spirit when Christmas story is read.

Tonight we have our Relief Society Chirstmas dinner for couples. Luckily the YW are in the nursery to watch our little ones. I'm sure it will be fun and a good little mini date night.

I have been wanting to put our tree and Christmas decorations up for over a week now but it hasn't happened. I am hoping in the next day or two I can finally do it. Yesterday I finally removed our Fall decorations. S suggested we make Christmas cookies yesterday so maybe tomorrow we can start off our Christmas baking.

No comments: