Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Calling


I was called as a Mia Maid Advisor in Young Women's. This past Sunday was my first time in Young Women's. I am really nervous about this calling. This past two years I have been on the Activity Committee but this Young Women's calling is my first real calling. One of the other advisors called and asked if I would teach her lesson over Labor Day weekend and I of course said yes. Again, I am so nervous and I'm not going to wait until the last minute to plan my lesson like I would probably normally do. I'm hoping that Sunday that R doens't have to work so he can keep A for me otherwise I will have to take her and make the best of it.
When the sister in the ward callled to see if I could teach for her she congratulated me on my new pregnancy. I had to tell her about my miscarriage and it was really difficult. I really haven't had to tell very many people, my sister called and told the family and R told our co-workers. I just wish I hadn't told anyone I was pregnant so I didn't have to go into the miscarriage and get sad.
I can't beleive my two kids start school in a week. They posted the class lists today. S will have the same kindergarten teacher that Z had and she will be in the morning class. I think morning will be better for her because she still likes naps and I have a feeling that for a while she will want and need a nap. I don't know very much about Z's 2nd grade teacher. I'm not looking forward to school starting, I want to keep the kids home with me forever but they are excited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you will do great teaching your lesson Becky. It has been a few years, but I have heard you teach. You were a great missionary! Plus you are just fun. I know the girls will love you.

Becky said...

Thanks Patty!

Tammy said...

I think you will be a awesome teacher Becky! The girls will adore you! :)