Saturday, September 8, 2007

Check In


It's finally Saturday but I didn't use this day to sleep in. I have so much to do and I do better when I get up early and tackle it first thing before the family is up.
R is working on the roof again today and I just want it done so I hope today is the day but since I know nothing about this kind of stuff I have no idea. The storm this past week was so bad and so stressful that I just want the roof done! I hope he doesn't get called into work.
This was Z's first full week back at school and S went back on Thursday. We had a good homework week so I hope we can keep with our current homework schedule. I make them do it when they get home from school so they have an insentive to play and so far so good. Generally Z has a snack and watches about 10 minutes of TV before we start, then I take the phone off the hook so friends can't bother us and we spend anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour on homework. It seems like a long time but that's including his 20 minutes of reading everyday. Last year it was such a fight during dinner time or after soccer and it just made for a not so fun evening so I'm hoping this helps. The friend he plays with the most is also doing homework first thing so he doesn't start calling right away.
We have soccer through the end of October. The kids are having fun. This is S's first time playing so she isn't very agressive with the ball and just seems to run up and down the field with the other kids. This year is Z's first year with a goalie and he was excited to be the first goalie the other night. I didn't get to see how he did since I had to leave for YW but he said he liked it.
This week is Grandparent's Day for Z at school so we are trying to get one of his grandparents to come for the program. I'm hoping my dad will be able to come for the day because that is who Z picked.

No comments: