Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Tuesday Things

This morning for breakfast I made Pumpkin Streusel Muffins and they smelled so good. They also tasted yummy, although Patty, I know you won't make them because they are just like making cake for breakfast for your kids :). S and R liked them but I couldn't get Z to even try the muffins, the little stinker.

I just picked S up from school and I am amazed at how much she loves it. She loves to come home and do homework and practice writting her ABC's and numbers. She loves to color and is so excited to color all her school work. As soon as we come home she shows me everything in her backpack and we read her Letter Book. We then finish any work she didn't finish in class and read her weekly book. They have started the kindergarteners reading 20 minutes a day so I count her reading her Letter Book, her weekly book and we started reading the BOB Books. Then I am reading the Rainbow Magic series with her and then Z, S and I are reading Charlotte's Web.

The school sent home the Scholastic Book Order and I went through it last night and ordered a few books, some of their prices are amazing. I bought an Usborne 1001 Things to Spot on a Pirate Ship for half the price I can find it at Usborne and the 1001 Things to Spot are great church and car books for my kids, they love them. The books I didn't order but wanted to read with the kids I put on hold at the library and made lists of series I thought Z and S would enjoy reading together. I put many of the Halloween stories on hold so we could read them in the next month. I love that we go to the library so much and I don't have to buy all the books I want to read with the kids.

S has a soccer game tonight and she is excited. Her team doesn't have practices so they don't know a lot of the rules and just run wherever the ball goes. I think there wasn't a coach so the day before our first game the asked one of the parents for a 2nd time to be the coach and he agreed but didn't really want to do it so I don't think we'll have any extra practices but S is having fun anyway. Last night she had gymnastics and I signed her up for a cartwheel clinic this Saturday. She has been practicing cartwheels for 2 months and tries really hard but can't do a full cartwheel. I hope this clinic helps her because she really wants to be able to do one. S also has a birthday party for a classmate on Saturday and she can hardly wait. She has wanted friends her own age but there are not any in our ward so I'm happy she's making friends at school.

Z has his soccer game on Wednesday night along with team pictures. His spelling words this week are kind of difficult for him and I worry that he won't be able to spell them by the end of the week. He still struggles with the word WAS and wants to spell it with an I or U. We work really hard on spelling but it's just so hard for him. I'm glad math comes easier for him. I just keep hoping that the more we read and practice the better he will do with spelling.

I off to get A down for a nap and I need to prepare my visiting teaching lesson. I am going to one sister this afternon and I will visit the other two tomorrow.

No comments: