Monday, September 17, 2007

Monday Musings

I haven't posted in a week, I guess last week just wasn't very exciting. It really wasn't, it was just normal; school, work, soccer, gymnastics, homework and laundry,

Thursday of last week was Grandparents Day for the 2nd graders so my dad came for the program with Z. The sang songs and had refreshments. I never even thought about going since I'm not a grandparent but I wish I had gone. It would have been good to get some pictures of Dad and Z. It was really great of my dad to drive 2 hours up and 2 hours back to attend the program. I wish we had grandparents that were closer (although we are blessed they are this close).

Sunday I gave the lesson in Young Womens and it was on Procreation. I'm just glad it's over. I was stressed every time I thought about it. The lesson went okay but it could have gone better. I just don't know if I'm cut out to teach the YW. I feel like they think I am old but I don't feel as old as they think I am. I'm not sure I am good at relating to them. I'll just keep praying that I can be a better teacher.

Saturday several members of the EQ came to help R with the roof. It is closer to being done, I think they just have the shingles left. I will do a happy dance when the roof is completed and we no longer have to stress every time it rains.

The kids and I started reading Charlotte's Web last night before bed. We've read some of the Magic Treehouse books I want to find some Halloween and Fall stories to read together.

No comments: