Monday, January 14, 2008

Monday Madness


I had a tough week last week and Friday was a little emotional but I am doing much better. I thought I had prepared myself for such a busy time at work but the balancing act between home and work was beginning to topple. I still have a busy two weeks and I'll be happy when the 28th is over. I really am blessed to be able to work from home even when I have to sacrafice my sleep in order to do this.
Saturday was nice. I planned on cleaning and organizing and although I got a little of this done I didn't do as much as I had hoped. My SIL and her two kids spent a few hours with us in the afternoon and it was good to visit with her and my kids enjoyed playing with their cousins. Then Patty and Brain came over in the evening and I hadn't seen them for over a month. We had an enjoyable visit over dinner and finally exhanged our Christmas gifts. My kids have loved their gifts from the Wilcox family and I love the gift Patty is making for me.
Sunday our church changed to 1:00pm and we still managed to run late. I spent the morning preparing my YW lesson and my visiting teachers came by. I did put dinner in the crock pot so we could eat after church. We didn't do family night like I had planned, but I spent time working on Z's Bobcat Badge for Cub Scouts. If I had been more organized I could have incorporated that into a family night lesson. We were doing good on our family nights and we've missed the last two weeks.
Today has been crazy and maybe I can at least get the dishes done before I go to bed.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

It is so hard working from home. While I too feel so blessed to be able to have this wonderful opportunity, it is HARD! It's not like when 5pm hits you're done...no, you work all hours, different hours, sometimes in the middle of the night hours....I feel your pain.

Becky said...

Thanks Amanda, I feel like such a whiner lately. I always juggle and struggle with it, but during the holidays and January when we are so busy it is SO much worse. I can't wait for my mom to come help me on Saturday.

Amanda said...

You're getting help on Saturday? You lucky girl! Hehe... hey that's what our blogs are for vent away. I took on a new account for my Grandparent's and it's huge and it's time consuming and there's many mistakes that were made from the previous accountants and I'm ripping my hair out! I think tomorrow I'm taking a much needed break from work. I'm going to get my house in order & do something fun w/the kids. And hopefully I get some help showing up at my house soon too :)

Anonymous said...

Think this is a common time of year for feeling overwhelmed and burned out. Hugs!!!

Our ward changed to 1 p.m., too, and we were still late.