Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Shredded Wheat or Hay?

Yesterday I ate Shredded Wheat for breakfast. Well my 5 year old S insisted that she try it and said she would like, which I knew was unlikely. After a few bites her brother Z asked what she was eating and S very seriously said "hay". When her dad came home from work last night she informed him that she ate hay for breakfast. Of course she didn't like and won't try Shredded Wheat again. I actually like Shredded Wheat, not as much as Lucky Charms though.I did okay yesterday on my eating but I could have done better. It's hard when I'm home during the day I just want to eat whatever is around. I drank my water and only did the treadmill once.

Wednesday Goals:
Walk on the treadmill 30 minutes
Drink 8 glasses of water
Eat healthy snacks
Plan healthy meals for the remainder of the week

I made the Ranch Dressing recipe I posted and I thought it was yummy and easy. The family liked it also but then who doesn't like Ranch? For dinner I made Chipotle Orange Glazed Pork Chops although I didn't use the chipotle and I made the Maple Squash Puree. The pork chops were good and again my family like them. R liked the squash, my 2 girls spit it out and Z wouldn't even try it. I thought it was okay. I'm not a big squash fan (or for that matter I'm not a big vegatable fan) so I have to force myself to eat it, even when there's lots of butter and sugar. I would make both recipes again.

No comments: