Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Wednesday Wonderings

Today feels like a Monday to me since we are coming out of the holidays so I'm off for the week.

Busy day with work, as the Sundance Film Festival approaches things start getting so crazy. I've been working on all the complimentary shuttles for directors and Sudance Institute staff. The deadline for these reservations is tomorrow so hopefully it will get a little better for a week or so. The festival starts January 17th and in a week our phones at work go crazy until it over on the 28th. My mom is coming up to help with the kids on the 19th so I'll have a few days of pure chaos until mom is here to help. Mom is such a great help and I don't feel so guilty leaving my kids for long periods of time when they with Grandma. Tonight I made two freezer meals that we can use during the festival time and I'm hoping every couple of days to make a few more freezer meals. I also have to have my house in order by about the 15th because once the festival hits everything else takes a backseat and I only do what absolutely has to be done.

Even though I was going crazy with work I stopped and put a couple of puzzles together with the kids. I need to do that more. Stop and listen to them and take more time with the kids and not worry about what I'm not getting done for work or my home. I liked having the kids on Christmas break and not having to work about homework and other school stuff so now we are back to "real" life.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

"Stop and listen to them and take more time with the kids and not worry about what I'm not getting done for work or my home."

Thank you for that. I'm always so worried about getting things done but I really should just sit down and spend more time with my son.