Monday, January 28, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley dies at 97

Beloved Church President, Gordon B. Hinckley, dies at 97.

Last night when I heard President Hinckley died a profound sense of loss hit me. For a few minutes I was so sad and then I imagined the happy reunion that President and Sister Hinckley must be having.

I have always loved Presdient Hinckley's direct approach to everything. He always says it how it is. I loved a conference talk he gave a few years ago where he reminded us as mothers to do the best we can. I remember his words whenever I start feeling overwhelmed as a mom.

One of my favorite books is "Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay Hinckley". Sister Hinckley is a role model for me and I love reading about her and President Hinckley in this book. She shares glimpses into her life and President's Hinckleys as well and there are many fun and cute stories about the two of them.

I will miss President Hinckley.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

It's such a bitter sweet thing. It's so sad he's gone, but so joyous that he is reunited w/his eternity partner. I definitely will be picking up that book to read.