Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tuesday Things


Last night I added the lights and ribbon to our Christmas tree. Am I the only one who doesn't think putting up the Christmas tree is fun? It's supposed to be a family tradition that everyone loves but I am so crabby until it's done. The kids want to help but they are in the way and they can't really help with the lights, the lights are a PAIN to put one. I always want a ton more lights on the tree but they are such a pain that I just settle for a medium about of lights. Tonight the kids will hang the ornaments and they will just be clumped together and not look as nice as if I were to do it. The ornament part isn't so bad (it's mainly the lights I hate) and the kids will have so much fun that even though they won't look perfect I'll be okay with it. They are very excited about the tree.
I bought some new lights, they are small bulb lights and I had so many problems with them breaking. I thought it would make the tree look better but it looks the same as our regular lights only I cut my fingers mulitple times trying to change out the bulbs and cleaning up the broken ones. Next year I will stick to my regular lights.
I found some only decorations I don't think I'll use anymore and I wonder if it's okay to give this kind of stuff to the DI. There are missing things and used tinsel ribbon stuff that it still perfectly good and I just hate to throw it away if someone else can use it.
I need to get the remainder of the Christmas decorations up around the house and I hoping to do this while the kids are in school to make it less chaotic. I also need to run to the distribuation center to get R some white pants for the baptism and also for his temple bag. I have lots of cleaning to do, I need to clean out the two spare rooms down stairs since I have family coming. I've been so tired lately so I'm hoping I can do alot of this in the morning before I lose my energy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate doing the lights on the christmas tree too. That is a relief that they are done though.

Carrot Jello said...

Ah ha! I've found you AND Patty. Muwahahaha!
LOVE your playlist.

Becky said...

Hi Carrot! I'm glad you found us. I have to admit I love old stuff even old songs from my old movies.