Sunday, November 4, 2007

Wicked



About two months ago I bought the Wicked soundtrack on Itunes and have been listening to it nonstop. I have informed R many times in the past two months that I want to see Wicked. My hope was that whenever it came to Salt Lake he would get us tickets. Well....last week was my birthday and we were in southern California and R surprised me with tickets to Wicked in Hollywood. I LOVED it! It was so wonderful and I knew the music which made it better. I read the book a few years ago and had been told the musical wasn't like the book so I was so happy so see the humor in the muscial. It was funny and enjoyable. R gives me the best gifts and I was really surprised.

Long before Dorothy drops in, the two other girls meet in the Land of Oz. One born with emerald-green skin is smart, fiery and mistunderstood. the other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. Based on the novel by Gregory Macquire, the spellbinding musical takes a look at how these two unlikely friends grow to become the wicked witch of the West and Glinda the Good Witch.

No comments: