Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sunday Something






Friday night S had her gymnastics program. Basically the kids get to show off what they have been learning all year. S just loves gymnastics and has so much fun. She has been working on learning to do a cart wheel for quick some time now but she still doesn't have it totally down. She'll get it soon.

After the program I went to the church to decorate and R took the kids to try on Heelys and get some dinner. Z has wanted Heelys for over a year but his feet were to small but now he fits into them. R ordered Heelys online for Z and S so they will be plesantly surprised Christmas morning. I don't think they can wear them to school so it seems like a silly purchase to me, but that's why he's the cool dad and I'm the practical mom.

I am hoping to bake today and work on our family Christmas letter. Generally I get it started and do an outline and R writes it. He's a much better writter than I am. The card itself it ready to go, I need to print out labels and he needs to write the letter. Also on Tuesday I bought Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix so I am hoping to watch it today sometime maybe while I'm folding my 37 piles of laundry.

I only have a little Christmas shopping left. My goal is Tuesday morning when I'm off work and the two kids are in school to finish up my shopping. I just need a few things and some stocking stuffers. I want to be done so I can wrap and enjoy the rest of the week. I don't think R has shopped for me and he keeps asking if I've bought myself anything. I know some people do that and I have no problem with it, it's just difficult to buy myself stuff besides R is a great gift giver. I may help him out if he is really stuck.

This past week I had a menu plan and everything but we didn't eat home one this week. With dad at the VA Hospital and so much going on we went out every night. That is bad for the kids and bad for our checkbook. I hope this week will be a more "normal" week and we can enjoy our evenings at home more.

No comments: