Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The day after Christmas


We had a wonderful Christmas! Christmas Eve we drove up to Logan to visit my sister Tiffany and luckily we missed the incoming snow storm. We made lots of food to snack on and then dinner so we ate way to much and there was so much yummy food. The kids had fun playing with their cousins and when it was time to come home S begged to stay up there over night. Even after explaining the Santa was coming that night to our house she still wanted to stay in Logan. Since the kids are out of school for the week we promised we would let them get together and stay overnight hopefully Thursday night. The kids opened their Christmas jammies before we left and we snuggled them in the car for the drive home. We followed 3 snowplows through Sardine Canyon so there were no problems and then we hit snow at about Layton and it snowed most of the night. It was so pretty and I think it's our first white Christmas for a few years.

The kids were so tired that they hardly woke up when we got home. It was about 9:30pm so they just come in and climbed in bed. They didn't even leave cookies out for Santa so I helped them out and left a plate of cookies out. Of course I hadn't wrapped hardly any gifts so I was up until 1:00am wrapping all our Christmas gifts.

Z was up about 6am and checked out the tree and what Santa brought him and he made sure Santa ate the cookies. I woke up about 6:45am and started getting the family up, I couldn't believe we had slept in so late. The kids were happy with all their gifts. They each got what they wanted from Santa; Z wanted a Wii game Mario Super Galaxy and a DS game Pokemon Pearl, S wanted Baby Alive and A got an activity play area. Dad gave the two older kids Heelys that they have been begging for and they got lots of other toys and games. We didn't get very much for A and she was happy with the few toys give was given. R gave me my requested laptop and he surprised with a Sony Reader which I am still trying to figure out how to use. I haven't had very time to figure it out but I am excited to learn more about it. R is always so good at giving me gifts I love.

We just hung around and enjoyed our Christmas gifts the rest of the day. R did go into work for a few hours in the evening to help out.

No comments: