Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tuesday Thoughts

I have been running nonstop today and feel like I haven't accomplished very much. I did finish most of my shopping and I went to the Dollar Store for stocking stuffers. I have a little more to finish up, just a few odds and ends.

I spent a lot of time today working on my Employee Schedule for the holidays. It's so challenging to make everyone happy but we have to staff for Christmas and New Years and no one wants to work. The schedule should be done for as much time as I spent on it today but it's not.

I just feel like everything today is partially done, not 100% finished; the Christmas shopping, work stuff, my kitchen and my laundry. I should look at it differently and maybe I can at least see the things I did do today and focus on that:

Shopped for stocking stuffers
Finished shopping for the kids
Folds 2 loads of laundry
Made Pecan Clusters
Dishes
Picked up after A 47 times throughout the day
Made dinner
Read a book with Z and S
Played several games with S
Did homework with the kids

Our ward posted that maybe we should put neighbor gifts towards a Sub for Santa and I was excited for the idea. I stress about neighbor gifts and try to come up with creative things but I don't alwasy. I used to bake but that just got to be to much so I try to find something small but I also don't want to spend a lot of money (or time). I thought the Sub for Santa was a great idea but I've had some neighbors on our street give us gifts so now I'm not sure what to do. Maybe I come up with a neighbor gift and still contribute to Sub for Santa.

I really enjoy holiday baking (even though it takes a lot of time and I make huge messes). Last year with a new baby I didn't bake very much. The past couple of days I've baked and made a few things and they are yummy. I've taken some stuff into work for them to eat that way I don't eat it all.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Becky, I totally know what you mean about neighbor gifts. I want to do them and show love and friendship, but I don't want to spend the time/money on it either. Sometimes I just hope that no one will bring anything, but that never happens.
I think that if you are doing Sub for Santa that is sufficient. Side note: I didn't hear anything about this suggestion (was it in sacrament meeting? could have been since I slept through it! hehe)

Becky said...

Marie, the Sub for Santa suggestion was in the RS Flyer on the 16th.