Saturday, December 1, 2007

Z' Baptism



Today was Z's specail day. I woke up early to start cooking lunch for after the baptism. I was stressed thinking I couldn't get it all done but my mom and sister were a huge help. Also it started snowing last night and was still snowing (R had a great time on the 4-wheeler plowing the entire neighborhood). The snow kept Dad and my sister Kris from driving up from Emery County. Finally we were all ready, extra clothes packed and the house was clean enough for an open house after the baptism.

We were early and I was able to get a few pictures of Z and R in their white clothes. This was a Stake Baptism so we all met in the Chapel for talks and introductions. Each ward was then dismissed to the Font Room for their baptism and after the baptism we moved to a seperate room for the confirmations. There was another boy from our ward who was baptized after Z and it was neat because they are such good friends.

For Z's baptism I wanted to get him a suit and since R didn't have a suit I thought they could both get one. Well it never happened, I just didn't make it suit shopping and I was bummed Saturday night but I thought it's fine he as a white shirt and pants plus I bought him new ties for his baptism.

When Z and R came into the confirmation room after the baptism they were both in dark suits and looked so handsome. I was so surprised. R had taken Z this past week suit shopping and they decide to surprise me and I was surprised, I had no idea. I just kept staring at both of them because they looked so nice and I was so shocked about the suits.

The baptism and the confirmation went smoothly and it was so special. At first I couldn't hear R very well during the confirmation and I was bummed because of the kid noise in the room but then I listened extra careful and was so touched to hear my husband use his Priesthood power. I thought this is one of those days in life that is just good and makes up for some many stressful days.

After the baptism our friends and family came to the house for lunch. I made ham, potatoes and a few salads and everything turned out fine. It was a little crowded but okay and it was just wonderful to sit and visit with everyone for a long time. No one was in a hurry to leave so we were able to enjoy each other company's for quiet a while. My dad even showed up as we were eating and even though he missed the baptism I appreicate him coming spend part of the day with Z. As everyone was leaving tonight I thought this has been a really good day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for inviting us to share your special day. It was neat to see Zack get baptized. He looked so handsome in his new suit. The food was great too.